2014 book club


It's that time of year when I reveal my reading list from the past 365 days. I enjoyed some incredible new novels year, and I dusted off some old goodies as well. Above are my top picks from what I read this year. Looking forward to more reading and rereading in 2015! (See my previous lists: 2013 & 2012)

FICTION

Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
The Impossible Knife of Memory - Laurie Halse Anderson
Red Rising - Pierce Brown
Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
Congo - Michael Crichton
Burned - Carol Higgins Clark
Cursed - Carol Higgins Clark
Gypped - Carol Higgins Clark
Laced - Carol Higgins Clark
Mobbed - Carol Higgins Clark
Wrecked - Carol Higgins Clark
Zapped - Carol Higgins Clark
Dashing Through the Snow - Mary Higgins Clark
I'll Be Seeing You - Mary Higgins Clark
I'll Walk Alone - Mary Higgins Clark
Where Are You Now? - Mary Higgins Clark
On Such a Full Sea - Chang-Rae Lee
The Giver - Lois Lowry
Wonder - R.J. Palacio
Help For the Haunted - John Searles
Grasshopper Jungle: A History - Andrew Smith
The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
Blue Bay Mystery - Gertrude Chandler Warner
The Boxcar Children - Gertrude Chandler Warner
The Lighthouse Mystery - Gertrude Chandler Warner
Mike's Mystery - Gertrude Chandler Warner
Mystery Ranch - Gertrude Chandler Warner
Surprise Island - Gertrude Chandler Warner
The Woodshed Mystery - Gertrude Chandler Warner
The Yellow House Mystery - Gertrude Chandler Warner
The Interestings - Meg Wolitzer

NONFICTION

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes (and Other Lessons from the Crematorium) - Caitlin Doughty
Love Does: Discovery a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World - Bob Goff
Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison - Piper Kerman
The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers: Reclaiming our Passion, Purpose, and Sanity - Margaret J. Meeker
The Mister Rogers Parenting Book: Helping to Understand Your Young Child - Fred Rogers
Hand to Mouth: Living in Bootstrap America - Linda Tirado

PLAYS

Uncommon Women and Others - Wendy Wasserstein

0 comments:

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive