a few musics

A pretty bizarre mix of songs I've been listening to lately...




"Comptine d'Un Autre Été" by the truly gifted Yann Tiersen... The entire Amélie film soundtrack he composed is beautiful, but this is my absolute favorite song from it. I could listen to it 1000000 in a row. (And the movie is just wonderful)




"Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead... It really doesn't get any better than 90's Radiohead. Like seriously, it doesn't get better for me- some of my absolute favorite songs. This isn't my #1, but I've been listening to it lately because I had heard about this supposedly amazing cover of it a girl did of this song. Although she is definitely a talented musician, the version just didn't do it for me at all. It made me wanna go back to the roots. RANDOM: the Youtube comments informed me that Daryl from The Walking Dead is in this video... wha??




"Million Dollar Bills" by Lorde... I have been into The Love Club EP since it dropped on the interwebz in 2012. It's just addictive. Kinda rad that she's so huge now.




"Dancing On My Own" by Robyn... Such good car singalong music. I mean, the OHHH's and OOOOO's on the chorus alone! And it's kind of perfect that Robyn came back around with some hitz (she hasn't been very popular in the U.S. since the late 90's) because a lot of current pop music has some serious early/mid 90's dance pop overtones. All musicians should just hang out for like 20 years and then bust back out on the scene when their style of music comes back.

1 comments:

demoreeann May 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM  

yeah, the song from Amelie is wonderful. Also, I'm going to have to listen to some radiohead today. You're right- nothing is better than 90's radiohead.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive