a new year


2014, here we come! This photo serves two purposes: One, it is from a year ago, so it reminds me how much little Violet has changed since the beginning of 2013 (even though from this angle you can't really see a lot of the physical differences in her sweet, now less babyish face). And two, it is hopefully a preview of what is to come this year: a very helpful big sister! We've obviously got a lot of changes ahead, and I have no idea what anything will be like a few months down the line. I don't really have any new year's resolutions... I guess just not to go crazy and expect too much of myself. Seriously, moms who work and have actual hobbies and multiple friends they actually make at least somewhat of an effort to spend time with... it ain't easy. But I feel very blessed to have all I have, and I am as ready as I'll ever be to see where this year takes us! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Alison Lewis January 2, 2014 at 2:44 PM  

Every time I read this blog, I do wonder how you do it all! I'd love to be a fly on the wall. You do have AWESOME grandparents who take little V though, so that must be a big help! Jim and I have had 1 week and 1 night away in the 3 plus years of parenting with 2 kids for almost 2 years of it. So, that is a HUGE blessing that you have for sure.
I am going to try to start an "actual" hobby - knitting! I have my first class this coming Monday. We'll see . . I'm not usually the crafty type, but I miss my old meditative habit. I used to love grooming our dog, Lloyd, but he died in October. :(
Anyhow, here's to an awesome 2014!! You are pretty amazing to do all that you do!! I'm pretty much impressed everyday with this blog.

my name is karen. January 2, 2014 at 9:59 PM  

Thanks so much, Alison!! I definitely want to reiterate that the blog shows pretty much only the good stuff so I think I am making myself look much more impressive than I actually am :) I should talk more about the things I am doing badly, like getting Violet to eat fruits and vegetables... You are so right about the grandparents though... they have been lifesavers. I go through phases when I feel like I am barely holding on but then at least I will get a break here and there when Violet can do a little sleepover with them. So I don't know how people do it who don't have that kind of help (and I only have one kid too)!

Knitting should be fun! I've done it on and off for awhile and always liked it, even though I never really progressed beyond the super beginner stage. It's fun to have a finished product as the result of your efforts though!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive