another visit to the garden


The zinnias are finally blooming. It sure is satisfying to see something grow that you started as a seed. And don't they have such pretty buds?




Found some little mushrooms taking up residence in my lavender box.


Here comes the barrage of morning glories.


New aster plant getting settled in.


The hydrangea tree is in bloom as well. The bright white petals slowly fade to dark pink over several weeks.


Um, I forget the exact name of this plant. I got it last year at the farmer's market as a scraggly plant, and I actually thought it had died. So I was surprised to see it pop up this year. Perennials are great like that.


The roses are starting to burst. I love it.




Annnnd here we go. Four loaves of zucchini bread down, and who knows how many more to go?

2 comments:

just mom July 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM  

I'm so thrilled the rose bush took root and is blooming for you. Papa Sluka would be so proud of your green thumb!

demoreeann August 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM  

your garden is so impressive!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive