music time


As Violet says every day during breakfast "MOMMY IT'S MUSIC TIME". And boy is she right. I know of some much-anticipated albumz coming hot off the presses!


Rilo Kiley, RKives. Release date: 4/2 (today!)


Okay, so one of my absolute favorite bands of ALL TIME are no longer (srsly still heartbroken over this), but at least the band has one last dying gasp in this album. Annnnd we'll see how it goes. It is a bunch of unreleased stuff that didn't make it onto other albums and that's always a gamble, quality-wise... because isn't there kind of a reason it didn't make it onto the other albums? But I still have to hope. I'm still not over our break up, after all.


Postal Service, Give Up: Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition. Release date: 4/9


Okay, so the most important thing about the upcoming reissue of this awesome album is that THEY ARE TOURING AND JENNY LEWIS (um, see previous picture of Rilo Kiley) IS SINGING WITH THEM. She is one of the singers on the original album, but it's just icing on the cake knowing she'll definitely be a part of this show. Which obviously I am going to. Also, the album has like 15 bonus songs and such, so you can expect more than just a 10 song set.


Paramore, Paramore. Release date: 4/9



So after half the band quit in a rather publicly dramatic fashion, Paramore is back finnnnnally with a new record and a back finnnnnally on a new tour. The first single "Now" is a little too Gwen Stefani for my liking, but they've got another jam out there that I'm into. See below.




Record Store Day is coming this month too! Lots of great releases mostly only available on this day. On the website they've got the list of everything. Support local shops!


One of the releases is 7" of some unreleased tracks from Elliott Smith's Either/Or, which happens to be the record (like actual record) that I've probably listened to most ever in my life. So good.


She & Him, Volume 3. Release date: 5/7


They are really running with this volume thing. Which I don't mind- I'm just pleased to get another set of lovely tunes, half of which will probably end up serving as background music to whimsical Violet video clip compilations.

All this to say, Violet and I have some great albums in the queue for many music times to come!

4 comments:

Anne April 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM  

Postal Service - June 10th - Fillmore. Are you going?? I'm thinking of asking Joel to fly in and go with me since no one else I know loves them!!

my name is karen. April 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM  

yeah we're definitely going! i think most of the tour is sold out though, so if you don't already have tix it might be too late- ? but yeah i'm super excited!

alisonlewis April 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM  

If you guys haven't seen the Winnie the Pooh movie where Zooey Dechanel (probably totally spelled that wrong - don't hate me!!) does all the songs, you HAVE to borrow it from us. It is so cute and obv the songs are great! Noah loves it, and I'm sure you and Violet would too.

my name is karen. April 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM  

haven't heard of that! it sounds so cute! we'd love to borrow it :)

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive