art again


Last weekend the DIA had free admission for Ann Arbor residents, so we headed out to Detroit for some good times. We already were going out there for a housewarming party, so it worked out wonderfully. I've been to the DIA so many times, but I never get tired of looking at everything. This painting always reminds me of my Italian renaissance art history classes in college, which I lovvved. Anywho, we decided to go on a real tour this time...


...with our excellent tour guide Violet.


First stop was the huge room with all the armor displays.


It's a great place to run around, according to the map booklet which says no running.








We eventually made our way to other rooms.


...With a reluctant Violet in tow.


She perked up when she saw a few paintings with violins in them though.




I should have been prepared for how worn out we would be with a toddler with us, but we still really enjoyed our dose of culture for the day! Afterward, we got a little energy boost at a local diner- Motown Coney Island. It was yumz and the service was excellent. As usual, people are delighted by Violet wherever she goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive