holiweeks


I thought "the holidays" wasn't an appropriate phrase considering the actual time involved is about 4 or 5 weeks. We've had so many events in that time span. Here are two back to back Christmas parties we went to! The first was a classy drees-up shindig thrown by Brad and Ciara.


There were surprise presents (aka Brad and Ciara cleaned out their house by giving away stuff).


And what fancy soiree doesn't have pinball?


FRIENDZ




They also led us in some Christmas carols 'round the piano.


...which was followed by a lengthy singalong consisting of the majority of the scores of Les Mis and Phantom of the Opera, as well as a couple handfuls of other musical numbers. Pictured: a passionate rendition "My Heart Will Go On". There is a video clip which I chose not to post. You're welcome, McLaine and Carson.


The next day it was party #2, which was the opposite end of the spectrum when it came to apparel. It was an "Ugly Sweater" Christmas party. Side note: when we were talking about it, Mike accidentally said "Ugly Sweaty Christmas party", which made me lol.

Anyway, at Value World I did my best to track down some ugly holiday wear for the three of us. Violet is so cute, it's hard to make her look silly, but I did my best with the elf & toys & holiday stuff turtleneck paired with the "anthropomorphized dog hanging stockings by the fireplace" vest.



I'm sure there are a lot of silly Christmas sweater parties, so the thrift store had slim (aka no) pickins. I did find this flannel though. Please note the snowy cabins, snowshoes, sleds, etc that artfully enhance the print.



And then finally I found myself a beautifully embroidered denim button down, featuring penguins sadly welcoming you to the North Pole. Also it must be excruciatingly cold if the PENGUINS are bundled up. Sounds like a great time.


For my photo, I took inspiration from the lovely style of the shirt as well as everyone's favorite defunct mall business, Glamour Shots.


The tragedy of it all is that by then we had already sent out our Christmas cards.

SO MUCH MORE CHRISTMAS to come.

1 comments:

mclaine January 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM  

Your sweaters are amazing. I am in love with the last picture. Annnnd thank you SO MUCH AHHHHHH for not posting that video.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive