thank you


I am so thankful for my family.



That is what I have to remember amidst a week like this one. It has been full of epic (sometimes public) writhing on the ground screaming tantrums. Turns out that makes grocery shopping with her a little unpleasant. Then there is the not napping, which is normally my 1.5-2 hour reprieve during the day. And then the outright rebellion and disobedience, and that we haven't yet decided how we are going to be handling that so I feel helpless. And the fact that I am handling this alone during the day and am still getting used to Mike being at a new job where he is much less available to talk when I need encouragement and also as a bonus did I mention he doesn't get the Friday after Thanksgiving off like most people do? sigh.


But still... I love Violet so much and am just trying to do my best to care for her, because ultimately she is one of two of the best gifts God has given me, the other being having Mike as my husband and tireless support. And our wonderful families and friends who and adore and care for Violet are high on that list too.



I have a lot to be thankful for... even though in this moment I am sitting here begrudgingly typing this and V is sitting watching Sesame Street and not napping today. Why oh why is she not napping??


But still, really, I am so thankful for her. I hope that my blog makes that abundantly clear (despite my impassioned rant about our recent rough days).


I just need to keep these pictures in mind... especially since these moments are so precious and fleeting. The nap part especially- it's not so easy for me to stay asleep when the camera is click clicking. :)

2 comments:

Mike H. November 22, 2012 at 12:14 AM  

good post

Also, as a sidenote, I almost posted this while you were still logged in, in which case it would have looked like you wrote "good post" on your own post

alisonlewis November 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM  

Hi Karen!
Just thought of my own experience with Noah reading this. He went through a tantrum phase as well before he turned 2, but it was blessedly short. It did not last more than a month, I'd say. I was worried we wouldn't leave the house for a year or something! It was not fun, but he did grow out of it. He still sometimes has tantrums, but really not anywhere near what he used to. It will pass!!
BTW, Jim's working today too. :(
No nap days are so hard.
Hang in there chica!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive