hallowheeeee



I love Halloween! Mike and Violet and I love to throw a party for our friends, so we have an excuse to all dress up and have great timez. And there was an awesome addition to the party- A film screening! For my birthday back in March, I convinced my friends to join me for a party that was actually a video shoot for a ridiculous "horror" movie. I thought it would be funny to write a script in which everyone was obnoxious (myself included) and gave me the worst birthday party ever. So please enjoy laughing at my expense! Or just cringing... I dunno.

I kept putting off editing it, but then I realized that our Halloween party would be the perfect time to finally show it, so I got my act together. So check it out, dudes! [Um, please excuse the weird audio partway through... and the random blurriness... and the fact that Youtube squished the image...]

Okay, onto our costumes!


Yeah yeah, Margot Tenenbaum is like SOOO Halloween 2002, but I had a twist...


First it required some serious sewing.


I think I did pretty darn good, considering I had no pattern! You might notice the coat is a little... small.


That's because Violet was a mini-Margot! See, it's still clever and cute when it's on a little one, right?



Simply adorable.


Like I said, Margot costumes are SOOO Halloween 2002. Like, the Halloween right after the movie came out? Because if you are cool you would have watched it then and thought of the costume idea on your own before the internet became inundated with people late to the party?**

**Extreme stereotypical hipster rant


But yeah speaking of costumes that have been done a million times over...


I was (a very cheap version of) Edward Scissorhands. It was funz. Please note the "hands" which I fashioned out of plastic scissors and knives.


And then of course I had to reenact moments from the movie.



Mike was every single Robin Williams character. Figuring out everything was like a puzzle! He represented Mrs. Doubtfire, Aladdin, Jumanji, Flubber, Good Will Hunting, Dead Poet's Society, Patch Adams, and One Hour Photo!


Before you go, you might be like "WOW that horror movie was simply excellent... But I want more. Especially more stuff like people breaking character and laughing and having to redo scenes!" Well, then this behind-the-scenes video is for you! Also, you can look forward to some more pics from our party coming soon.

Happy Halloween! Hope you get a chance to send out a small child into the night to gather candy and then steal it like we do!

3 comments:

demoreeann October 31, 2012 at 11:37 AM  

there are so many things i love about this post, i'll go in list form:
1) wow- a fur coat!
2) baby margot. CUTE!
3) edward ... scissor hands? ;)
4) seriously- great costume!
5) mike's costume was hilarious,
6) THE MOVIE WAS SO GOOD. kudos to the actors & to the editor, writer & director & star. ;)
7) miss you tons.
8) xoxo

c November 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM  

hahaha #3. good one, Dem!

yes, that coat is fantastic! hope she continues to wear it!

jpak November 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM  

i love that picture with the bush!!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive