eyes & ears

Here's some stuff I've been listening to & looking at...




Check out my brother's band Water Cops if you wanna hear some great catchy indie pop! Chris (pictured top left... in the first pic. Not one of the old dudes in the boat) plays guitar and sings and writes the tunes.



They've got some mp3's and a 7" record (includes the mp3's with purchase) for sale for like pennies. Seriously, they're like giving this music away. Click on the link above to spend a few bucks to support local music & my bro!



I've been reading a lot of books lately, ranging from Pulitzer Prize nominees to ridiculous teen fluff. Ha, I think that actually sums up the spectrum-ness of my interests in general. I've also been checking out a bunch of different books about homeschooling from the library. Interesting stuff... There's so much that's good about it, but I just want to make sure Violet gets to interact with other kids a lot. But I love the idea of teaching Violet and doing fun art and science projects and going on field trips and the like. Anywho... we'll see! No matter what, we can always just take it a school year at a time. It's not like you're permanently deciding their fate for the next decade+.


Mike and I love to find documentaries, and we watched this one about people who compete in a tournament to be the fastest to complete New York Times crossword puzzles. Dude, when these people do the ones in the newspaper, they finish them in TWO MINUTES. Two minutes! Hubbawhaaa? The documentary was pretty similar to the other ones we've been watching recently, in that it involved people competing to be the best at a popular puzzle/game (Monopoly, Scrabble, etc). I wouldn't say that it was SHEER JOY or NAIL BITING SUSPENSE, but it was an amusing hour and a half. And of course it has inspired Mike and I to do lots of crossword puzzles!

Anyone read any good books or listened to good music or seen any great movies lately? Let me know!

1 comments:

alison lewis October 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM  

January First by Michael Schofield. LOVED IT. Also, for Violet, Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive