Special Mike Guest Post with a Sheet Music Typewriter!

Hey guys! It's Mike, husband to Karen. You may not realize this, but Karen has posted a daily blog post every single day since May, and I'm not about to let her break the streak (as I make this post, she is rocking out a 12+ hour day with her church band--she woke up at 6:00am and won't be done until about 7:30pm now that there are 3 services and she's in the kickoff band. Oh and plus she's supposed to be working part time but for sure has hit 40+ hours this week. And that doesn't even count being-a-great-mom work time)

So look, here I will post something that Karen would like. It's a music typewriter. You can use it to write on sheet music!  I'm not sure where I originally found this image, but a quick google search for "music typewriter" points me to this neatorama post that says that the typewriter pictured now sells for $6000

If you see Karen, give her a high five or something.

EDITOR'S NOTE

Hi guys- Karen here. Welp I have a great husband who knows me well enough to know I wouldn't want to break my streak! That typewriter reminded me of this chromatic typewriter, created by artist Tyree Callahan:



Pretty cool. Ok, back to my crazy work day. Laterz!

2 comments:

Rachel Dull September 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM  

wow, those are really cool. I never thought about a typewriter for music or a typecolorer. And I *have* noticed how consistent of a blogger you've been! Way to go! That must take some planning...

demoreeann September 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM  

wow, great job posting every day! that must be a lot of work. thank you!! and thanks, mike, for this post!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive