dreamy


So when you think of dream catchers, an image like this may come to mind... Around the early 2000's you couldn't throw a candy colored bulbous iMac without hitting a pair of dream catcher earrings.


Well I had hopes that I could replace that image with something a little closer to this one- you know, pretty in a rustic-cozy-home-near-the-southern-border kind of way. So I headed over to the "make your own dream catcher" event at the Ann Arbor Public Library. Materials included and everything! Gotta cash in on my tax dollaz, yo.


Apparently all these ladies and one hippie dude had the same thought.


The hoop part is a grape vine branch. The twine weaving looks way easier than it is. It's hard not to get it all twisty and tangled. And it's gotta be jusssst the right looseness when you wrap it around.


I snatched up some good materials. Luckily there wasn't a ton of competition for the more natural looking feathers... The girls mostly wanted neon colors.


Mmk, back to the weaving. I made a little mistake and didn't feel like correcting it, so I kinda improvised. I think it looks cool anyway. You can add some beads in there for a little color.



I finally finished! Next came adding all the little finishing touches like this little feather in the middle.


And of course the hangy things.


As I always say when I don't want Violet to eat any more of an unhealthy thing so I hide it: ALL DONE. I think it looks cool.


Annnnd I couldn't decide which pic I liked better, so you get both. I love it. Way to go, library!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive