zoobilee zoo


A very happy birthday goes out to my Dad today! And to celebrate in the blog world, I am featuring a recent trip to the Detroit Zoo. We love to wear matching outfits, so this was super funz. Actually, it was an event put on by my Dad's workplace- free tickets, free parking, free food & drinks (including ice cream truckish treats!), raffle to win free stuff, etc, etc. It was really fun, since we were hoping to take Violet this summer anyway.


Um, don't think they actually have camels there. Just sayin.


Violet and I passed a milestone together. Wait, is that the expression? Or am I just thinking of "passed a kidney stone"? Anyway, we both enjoyed our first Choco taco. I don't normally give her stuff like that, but I figured the sugary treat might be a good way to keep her awake during nap time. She couldn't miss the animals!


Zebra bein zebra-y.


Violet chooses where to go next. Which is apparently smack dab in the middle of the gorilla pen.



Ok, this was neat. It's a peahen (girl peacock) with little babies! I've never seen a baby peacock (peababy?) before! Look at their little wings with the first bits of a cool design.


And then there's the famous prairie dog area. There are these tubes you can access by going down some steps and crawling up through this very tight slanted area. But you can get some funny pix. I had to include this one of people I don't even know because I love it.


Aww, look how cute...


The previous photo was a fleeting moment. This is more accurate of our experience. Getting up there was a frightening experience. Maybe because trying to wedge myself through a crawlspace actually is a recurring nightmare of mine. And this time I had a baby with me who I had to try to push ahead of me while she resisted & sobbed. But it was worth it, right?...


I liked these thingies. It was really hot that day.


I love this little walkway where you can see the seals all swimming around you.


And apparently this couple does too. However, they looked miserable. *RANT ALERTZ* Ok, I'm totally a hater, but seriously what were they thinking? It was a Saturday so it was crazy crowded. How can you get a good photo? Also, did they really walk all the way from the entrance to here? It's like way in the back of the zoo. And did I mention it was really hot that day? And did I mention that they ended up not even taking a photo because there were so many people in the way? And did I mention that it if you are that girl's bridesmaid you deserve a serious good thank you present?


Anyway, back to us. One of Violet's favorite animal exhibits was this picture of a dog. Typical.


Although her absolute favorite was the Penguinarium! She loved watching them swim by and waddle around. Plus there was A/C in there!

Great times were had by all. Thanks Dad for inviting us and we hope your birthday is wonderful!

2 comments:

Tiffany July 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM  

i am LOVING those baby peacocks!!

c August 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM  

I can see a bride thinking that's a reasonable picture request. I mean, she may have made her bridal party walk to the back of a crowded zoo, but some bridal parties learn entire dances to LMFAO the day before. :) It all balances out, right?

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive