c & b


Don't my nearly headless husband and I look spiffy? We had the immense pleasure of attending the wedding of two of our besties Ciara & Brad! A few months back Ciara said "It's about time you stopped think of this as a wedding, and started thinking of it as a production!" I would say that was an accurate description. The setting was certainly appropriate- it took place in the lovely Andreson Theater at the Henry Ford Museum.


Our friend Kevin officiated the wedding. He couldn't be at the wedding rehearsal since he was actually doing another wedding (busy busy), so I had the stress responsibility of running the rehearsal in his place. I had to fill him in on all the many production cues.


Also pre-wedding I got to run through the couple songs I was singing with more friends- Andrew and Phil- as well as practice my speech (busy busy).


A little backstage pre-show downtime.


Finally (after a clip of the Muppets singing "Somebody's Getting Married"), a couple singers and a choir (seriously) sang while the beautiful sparkly bride processed down the aisle, accompanied by her brothers and mom.


Later, Andrew, Phil, and myself sang Andrew's awesome song "Great is Your Love".


Everyone was so happy!


More sangin'


Why yes, those are oversized rings that they used for a magic trick metaphor of two lives becoming one. Of course.


xxoo (bonus points for Karen's photoshoppery... the officant has magically disappeared)


The choir burst out into the "Hallelujah Chorus" in celebration of Ciara finally getting herself married off. Of course.


And oh what's that up there?...


Just the confetti cannons going off. Of course. And that was immediately followed by what ends any great production- a cast bow!


It was a beautiful and fun ceremony- I was super happy for both of them! Soon it came time to head down to the museum area to enjoy the reception.

Second part to come tomorrow!

3 comments:

mclainey July 26, 2012 at 12:05 AM  

Okay, you look awesome in that first pic. I love it so much!! Such a fun day/night!

demoreeann July 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM  

yeah, i agree with McLaine! so pretty! :) i can't wait to see the rest of the photos. what a great night.

my name is karen. July 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM  

aw, thanks buds!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive