1997 mix tape



"Totally Crushed Out" didn't come out in 1997. I felt I must clarify lest I be branded a non-fan. The image is just quintessential that dog.


What were YOU listening to in 1997? I was 16 and rocking out some of these tunes that came out that year! Check out my mix tape for you and relive my teenagerie:

Battle of Who Could Care Less - Ben Folds Five
The Edge of Nowhere - Juliana Hatfield
Joga - Bjork
Pictures of Me - Elliott Smith
2:45 A.M. - Elliott Smith
Go! - Letters to Cleo
All Mine - Portishead
Volcano Girls - Veruca Salt
Perfect Lines - The Promise Ring
Adia - Sarah MacLachlan
Being With You - that dog
the Boogie Nights soundtrack
and of course
All of Radiohead's OK Computer album




The Edge Of Nowhere
Listen to "Edge of Nowhere".





I like this year mix tape thing. More to come!

1 comments:

c August 22, 2012 at 4:25 PM  

This will be a fun comparison!

I was listening more to things like:

Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
The Freshmen - The Verve Pipe
Wannabee - Spice Girls
Barely Breathing - Duncan Sheik
Quit Playing Games With My Heart - Backstreet Boys (duh)
Do You Know What It Takes - Robyn (great song!)
My Baby Daddy - B-Rock & The Biz

But my favorite song to sing (then and now) is definitely Toni Braxton's "Un-Break My Heart". :)

What can I say? I love the pop music.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive