slowly but surely


After the day lilies were completely gone (for now), it was time to get the first plantings and seeds in the ground! I hear marigolds help keep the bunnies away, which is a good thing since I was planting lettuce and spinach and other good stuff like sugar snap peas, onions, rosemary, parsley, and sunflowers.


I started the sunflowers from seeds inside and moved them out when they were about four inches high. I planted the sugar snap peas and spinach seeds right into the ground.



I got Dutch onion bulbs from the dollar store, and Spanish onion sprouts leaf lettuce sprouts, rosemary & parsley from the Farmer's Market.




Since they are the most beautiful flower I know of, I also took a stab at rununculus bulbs. I put some right into the ground as well as in a flower box. (Spoiler alert: fast forward a few weeks and I think they didn't quite make it)


More to come! This garden has a ways to go!

1 comments:

McLaine&Andrew May 23, 2012 at 9:43 AM  

it's too bad about the rununculus. they are sooo beautiful

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive