third time's a charm


After 3 years, it was time to head back to the Lucky Monkey for ink job #3. The guy who did my previous two tattoos is no longer working there, but I had the opportunity to get tattooed by the very talented Mandy Snyder.


My inspiration was a vintage botanical encyclopedia image of some violets. I really loved the idea of having that type of look with the roots showing, as opposed to just the typical blooms.


The empty canvas awaits...


Mandy drew an awesome tattooable version of my pic. So then it was time to get on with the good times. And by good I mean GAHHHHOWWW.








Once you're a good hour in (of solid pain, mind you), you get a lil crazy.


It's the coloring in that does it. Hoo boy, glad that's over and done with.


This was around the time when I thought we were close to being done and she said "about 30 more minutes".


But dudes, I love it. Pretty pretty tattoo for my beautiful sweet little girl. And, let me add, the healing process has been amazing. Mandy did excellent tattooing work. Highly recommended!

By the way, internet statistics show that the phrases "pretty tattoo" and "prettiest tattoo" (and now probably "violet tattoo") bring a lot of people to my blog, due to my previous posts (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5). So welcome strangers! Here you will find pretty tattoos but mostly lots and lots of baby cuteness!

1 comments:

Anonymous March 21, 2014 at 7:12 PM  

I love your Tattoo! Thank You for inspiring me to collect new ink. I will have to research your Artist, she did an Amazing Job!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive