flower child


I already mentioned that our trip with friends to the Wurst bar was the start of Karen's amazing birthday weekend of love and happiness and adventure. The next day was Friday, and Mike took the day off to spend some quality fun time together, and also I got to do some fun Kareny by myself stuff. One thing I wanted to do was this flower crown project I had seen on Tavi's amazing blog.

A trip to the dollar store for supplies was in order. Headbands, fake flowers, and wire cutters. I had the rest of the stuff I needed. Oh yeah, and I found those awesome Jesus stickers at the dollar store too... Turns out, as you'll see later, I put them to good use too. (Suspense!)


Lots of hot glue is your best friend.


Since I bought some different fake bouquets and extra headbands (packs of 3, dudes!), I realized I could make multiple flower crowns.


Here are two of the finished products. I made two others- One from the leftover bouquet leaves, and one random awesome one. Then it was time for a classic Mike and Karen photo shoot.




Couple more posts to come. I love these and wish I could wear them all the time without feeling kind of weird. Sometimes I feel non-weird about it though, and I end up wearing one, and that makes me happy.

4 comments:

just mom April 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM  

You look beautiful! Wear one whenever you want to. :)

my name is karen. April 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM  

oh mom, that's such a mom thing to say.

but thanks :)

Rachel Dull April 3, 2012 at 2:45 PM  

yay! more photo shoot pics! I love the drama and the colors. The blue crown one would be like a good album pic. I just can't get over how pretty you look and how fun the pictures are. :) props to mike, too!

c May 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM  

every once in a while I'll have a student who wears a random headband every day... kind of like a "signature piece". one was cat ears. every day.

she got away with it. you can too!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive