precious moments



So when I think of precious moments, I don't imagine those ceramic figurines commonly found in Christian bookstores and on the mantles of the elderly. I think about the time I spend with my sweet baby girl and wonderful husband. Tonight was one of those times I wish I could box up and keep forever so I can take it out and revisit it whenever I want.

Right before her bedtime bottle, Violet was sitting on my lap and giving me kiss after kiss. She normally squirms away when I kiss those cutie cheeks, but she was very excited to kiss my cheeks and get kisses in return. Then during her bedtime story she got a serious case of the giggles. Daddy was reading her a story, but she kept looking at me and dissolving into a giggle fit. After the story she wanted to cuddle with Mommy and snuggled up on my shoulder and let me hold her close. Finally Daddy had to tear me away. When he laid her down in her crib, she looked up at me and grinned her two-teef smile.

I know I'm not capturing it exactly right in my description, but trust me... it was the most perfect thing I can remember experiencing in quite some time.



True love.

3 comments:

Just mom December 5, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

I love this blog post. ♥

demoreeann December 5, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

gahh! made way to make me tear up first thing in the morning! :) what a sweet little girl.

Meghan December 5, 2011 at 10:19 AM  

Makes the rest of it worth it, doesn't it?

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive