around the world in 80 minutes


On our NYC foot travels, we passed through the notorious Canal Street. Street vendors selling knockoff name brand items abound. In fact, we couldn't walk twenty feet without a person disguised as a tourist leaning in furtively and whispering "Prada? Chanel? Gucci?" Apparently they are people who are illegally selling actual name brand bags- If you are interested they'll take you to a secret location where the deal goes down. WEIRD.


Or you can just buy any kind of crap for like $5. I did barter with a dude for a pair of sunglasses since I forgot to bring mine that day.


And then like two seconds later you realize you are in Chinatown.


All the white people were standing in a confused clump by a street map.


I'm sorry, but this is the best photo I've seen in my life. Today, anyway.


Mike had to get legit bubble tea of course.


And I wanted some fresh, authentic Chinese food.


Um yeah right. This place was rad though.


Yumz. What can I say? I like my Chinese food with a dash of Americaniness.


And you walk like one street over and then you're in Little Italy. Clearly I had to track down some awesome cannoli. Like duh.


Mission accomplished!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive