N Y/B C


We finally arrived! NYC, hope you are ready to get Karened and Miked.


*Ahem* excuse me while I get all touristy and whip out my foldy map...



We spent a chunk of the day doing various things in Rockefeller Plaza, which houses NBC Studios.


Note to tourists: This building is very confusingly laid out. Also there are virtually no bathrooms.




LOOK IT'S MATT LAUER.


We went on the NBC tour (no cameras allowed, boo) and we saw ?uestlove from The Roots walking in to work for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Later I saw Scott Adsit who plays Pete on 30 Rock. I'd been on the tour before, but it was still fun to visit Studio 8H where Saturday Night Live is filmed. And a bunch of other places too.


SPEAKING OF JIMMY FALLON (drumroll plz), we AMAZINGLY got the chance to score last minute tickets which let us into his show rehearsal AND THEN be in the audience for the taping OF THE SHOW. I WAS SO EXCITED because Mike & I are big Jimmy fans and watch the show religiously. Once again, of course no cameras of any kind allowed...


He did a pretty spot-on Justin Bieber impression on that episode. The guests were Billy Bob Thorton, the Eurythmics, and Taraji Henson (from the new show Person of Interest). Unfortunately he didn't do any of his signature games that include audience members, just shoe golf with Taraji. Mike and I had this dream that we'd be on "cell phone shoot out" or "models and buckets" or something. Or maybe Justin Timberlake would show up for "History of rap" FOUR.


But I'm not complaining because it was so so so so rad and fun.


And after the taping we bid adieu to Rockefeller Center.

More NYC stuff from earlier in the day and later in the day and the next day are up next!

2 comments:

Kate November 30, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

Karen! I love love love that first b/w photo. You are a family of talents. I would love for Cole to meet Violet sometime, I just don't know when we'll be in Ann Arbor next. :) Merry Christmas!

my name is karen. December 1, 2011 at 1:58 PM  

Thanks Kate! Great to hear from you :) Merry Christmas back at ya!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive