be here now


I read this story in Real Simple magazine about a woman who knew she would only be able to have one child, a daughter. She would repeat to herself, "Be here now"- to remember to soak in and savor every moment she had with her daughter as she grew from newborn to infant to toddler to child to young adult.

That phrase really resonated with me. I have no idea if any more kids are in the future for Mike and I (although we hope so), but I do know that Violet will be the only Violet I ever have. So I have been trying to cherish every moment of her precious life, rather than wish for the next stage to come quickly when it's tough. Because before I know it she will be all grown up (or at least too old to allow me to kiss her sweet lil puffy cheeks all day).


Just born and content in mommy's embrace.


And along the way I just love getting to know her better... my little music-lover. :)

2 comments:

just mom August 19, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

This one made me cry (sniff).....and then laugh. :D

Anonymous August 19, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

I love that phrase too, and 'I know Violet is the only Violet I will have' is so beautiful. Enjoy it!!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive