heroic


You know that old inspirational saying...
"So when you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong. And you'll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you"

Also: "They say that a hero could save us. I'm not gonna stand here and wait. I'll hold on to the wings of the eagles, and watch as we all fly away."

Or: "I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away the pain."

Ok, so the google search for "hero quotes" doesn't always deliver. And now people searching for Nickelback lyrics will end up on my site instead. Welcome!

Anyway, I thought I would compile a list of my childhood "heroes". Keep in mind this is limited to famous and fictional people. I had other people I looked up to like my family and teachers and Jesus, duh. But anywho, here is my list:



Penny from Inspector Gadget

In this case it's not about who you are, it's about what you have. That computer book thing was BOSS. So high tech, so ahead of its time. You can basically credit her for owning the first iPad. And those bangs are rad. I thought she was the coolest.



Kelly Kapowski from Saved By the Bell

Speaking of great bangs, no one has better maintained hair than Kelly Kapowski. Seriously, that hair was a work of art. Not to mention she totally knew how to rock an off the shoulder sweatshirt. What girl wouldn't wanna be her? Head cheerleader? Check. Super cool? Check. Awesome Hawaiian grandpa (read: free vaca)? Check. 'Nuff said.



1990's Mariah Carey

It's all about the pipes. And the hits. You got "Someday", "Dreamlover", "Hero", "Always Be My Baby", "All I Want For Christmas Is You", etc ETC ETCCC the list goes ON AND ON. One decade... a whole lotta adult contemporary goodness. Also great hair.



Sarah Connor from Terminator 2

Um hello? That first scene with her in the mental institution doing pull-ups? When she spits out that paperclip and uses it to pick a crapload of locks? Then later when she takes off with all those guns. You gotta admit that, however misguided, she sees an injustice and fights to reverse it. Love it.

Those are the ones that I can remember. And now I feel like I put myself out there to be analyzed. So, let me do the work for you- Apparently the things I valued as a kid were rad material possessions, voluminous hair, a five scale vocal range, and being hardcore. Yep, that sounds about right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive