sew adorable, part 2


Well, it took a couple all day sewing sessions to finish off this thing. And thankfully my mom came back to help... not only with the sewing, but also with watching Violet. I would certainly never be able to work on a project for that long without someone else keeping her occupied. It's a rare day that I manage to get a shower in, let alone construct an outfit.


I had the idea to add some eyelet as a ruffle sleeve and as a trim along the hem of the dress.


Violet approves.

Also: don't you just love 1) her red tinted hair, 2) her little ham expressions 3) that lil bit o chub on the legs. I just wanna nom nom nom on them. Feel free to ask permission to nom on Violet next time you see her; I'll definitely understand.




And then after the finishing touches...


It's done! I would show Violet in the dress, but since I didn't know how long it would take me to finish I made it a bigger size than she fits now. Soooo it looks a little silly on her at the moment:) But photos will be coming when my little gummy bear stretches in size!

I've already got another dress in the works too! I love the originality of handmade things. If only I had all the time in the world to surround myself with handcrafted items...

2 comments:

Meghan June 13, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

looks awesome!

mclaine June 13, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

i LOVE it!!!!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive