betrayal


FUN FACT: There are 8,200 7-Elevens in the US.
FUN FACT #2: About 8,000 of them are within walking distance of my childhood home.

No, seriously, if you stand on my parent's front porch, you can't throw a bag of sweetened cola syrup without hitting one of these fine establishments. Needless to say, I have had my fair share of Slurpees. So it is with great shame that I make the following confession... I have been cheating on the Slurpee with what I affectionately call the "Speedway Slurpee".


We've had an affair going for about a year now. Ever since Mike and I moved to our new place, I've been frequenting the local Speedway for their cheap gas... and now tasty partially frozen beverages. There is just something special about the Speedway Slurpee consistency. It has a soft velvet-y texture that won't disappoint.

Let me say this, though: I am a tried and true frozen coke fan. So I understand that nothing compares with 7-Eleven's plentiful selection (8 flavor choices... 12 if you're lucky to stumble upon a luxury establishment!), if that's your thing. Well, it's just not my thing, and this is my blog, sooooo DEAL WITH IT. Look at my baby photos and read about my boring icy cola preferences.


Mmmmm.... Doesn't this just look absolutely... well... ok, it kinda looks like poop. Just remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and let me just say that crap TASTES GREAT.

1 comments:

Andrew January 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM  

did you know there's a 7-Eleven on campus?? just opened on State St.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive