old tunes & new tunes


So I went to the She & Him show earlier this month (baby's third concert... seriously this baby is set up to be wayyy cooler than me), which was surprisingly AWESOME. I mean, I knew it would be decent, but I love it when a show exceeds your expectations. I didn't know what the vibe would be since the music is mostly mellow, but they actually rocked it out a bit and played like every song imaginable. And even though folk is hardly my usual thing, their opening band really impressed me.


The Chapin Sisters played their own half hour set, and then joined She & Him on back up vocals and various percussive and melodic instruments. I haven't enjoyed an unknown (to me) opening band this much since I saw Feist way way back in the day open for Broken Social Scene.


Their adorably low-budget video for their song "Let Me Go".

2 comments:

Gemma June 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

Yay! I saw the same line up in London and was suitably impressed, particularly their backing vocals for the She and Him stuff. Glad you liked!

Anonymous June 30, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

thanks for the kind words for The Chapin Sisters! They have a new album coming September 14th and will be touring on their own in Oct & Nov. Would be happy to share some music with you. Email me at johnporter@moodindigoentertainment.com

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive