sounds like


Ok, so I may be completely alone in this, but now that I have accumulated three separate examples, I decided this was blog-worthy. So Rilo Kiley's album The Execution of All Things is like one of my absolute faves, which means I've listened to it like a billion times in my car. Several months into owning it, I came to realize that all these times that I thought someone had honked at me all happened at the same point of a certain song... so duh I finally figured out that it was something in the music that sounded just like I was being honked at. Now when I listen to "Spectacular Views" I know not to glare in my rearview mirror.


This also happens with the Metric song "Gold Guns Girls"... I'm always like "ooh text!"


And now with the Glee version of Lionel Richie's "Hello". Laugh at me if you want for purchasing this mp3, but their cover of this song is GREAT. But the beat near the end also sounds like my turn signal.

Final related anecdote: Once Mike and I were driving, and I said something that he made a scoffing noise at. And I was immediately furious. I was like "Did you seriously just scoff at me??" And he was like "No I didn't" and I was like "Yeah ya did" and then I heard the noise again and it came from a dog whose head was out the window of the car next to us at the stoplight. Arguing turned into hilarity instantly.

2 comments:

Brett May 6, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

You're not alone. My favorite example: sometimes slidey guitar sounds like police sirens. This song gave me a nasty start the first few times I heard it in my car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL1nemJngf4

Anonymous October 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM  

Could you re-post the original picture with Emily Haines (without that text over it)?

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive