more treasures under the bed


There was an era when I was kinda frequently in the arts sections of various local newspapers due to all the leading roles in shows I had (Do I sound like a total jerk? It's not like I was on Broadway or anything).


And I am not the only famous one in the fam. One year my insanely runner-y parents went to register for the Detroit marathon only to discover that a photo of them was on all the promotional material for it. And for some ridiculous reason, I ran a 5K that started and ended at the same place the marathon did which meant I had the pleasure of running onto Fold Field as well as running alongside Kwame Kilpatrick when he was in the infancy of his mayorship... you know before that one thing and all that other stuff happened way back when he was just some dude.


And then, you know, there's stuff like my old Terminator 2 cards and Mariah Carey cassettes. Don't hate- T2 was so ahead of its time! It is my goal to get people to watch and love it and even maybe shed a tear or two.


And lastly, the first cell phone I ever owned. And let me take a moment to explain what I now see is a very conspicuous Hitler flier below it. Let's just say that back in my early college days at the turn of the millennium, one big debate between conservatives and liberals was about whether Saddam Hussein was all that bad. Here in this handy chart, you see all the ways he allegedly emulates Hitler. I took it to cut out the Saddam photo to put in a friend's birthday card because I guess I am that kind of person.

2 comments:

Olyvia May 25, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

I must say that T2 is one of the few sequels that out-does the original. No comment on that Hitler/Saddam thing...that's kinda creepy...

Ciara May 27, 2010 at 12:49 AM  

You don't sound like a "total jerk" at ALL for talking about being the lead in shows! I mean, this is your BLOG for pete's sake... I think people expect that you'll talk about your glories on here!

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive