gotta fess up


So I finally can explain my lack of blog posts over the past few months. My body has been taken over by a (currently lime-sized) parasite that controls my every waking hour. He or she is totally welcome to continue to mooch off me for the next several months, don't get me wrong, but it's just been difficult to keep up with some of the things that used to come easy to me... like posting on my blog, which I used to do in the wee hours of the evening.

Guess I've got a lot in common with Mike's new fav beverage... Since we're both LIME-BLASTED.

I've got a lot in common with this dude too. Did you know that at rest the energy required by the body to create a baby is the same energy expounded while mountain climbing? So when I say I am tired, I AM NOT KIDDING.

And as for the other fun symptoms, I'm sure you've heard of the nausea, sickness, frequent urination, and mood swings. But did you know you're more likely to get nosebleeds and congestion? That your digestive tract slows down to a sluggish pace? That you get break outs like a teenager? That you become really forgetful and feel like your brain is in a fog? That your sense of smell becomes superhero sensitive? The list goes on and on... I'll spare you some of the more, shall we say, graphic ones.

7 comments:

Mike H. May 10, 2010 at 12:37 AM  

yayyyyyyyyy

Brad May 10, 2010 at 1:44 AM  

Mike- tell me about this New Dew. I don't have the patience to try all four flavors so i'm counting on your judgment.

Mike H. May 10, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

It's not actually my new favorite. I just had a bottle the other day. It tastes like carbonated lime-ade

my name is karen. May 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

ok i might have exaggerated for my blog post but you did say you LOVED IT

mike cochran May 10, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Congratulations!!!

Meghan May 10, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Woot! The second trimester is a lot better!

Theresa Koehler May 10, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

I have to comment, because the yay-baby comments really need to outnumber the comments on the new MD flavor ... yay!! I haven't been able to get you and baby O-H out of my mind since the day I found out. We Koehlers are all super excited! And oh man, the tired brain pregnancy fog was pretty thick for me too. I feel for you. But it passes. And if you can believe it, it's like a bajillion times better than even the warm fuzzies you get seeing this kitty picture (which is saying a lot).

Oh man, I can't wait to meet him/her, like so so so so much.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive