In the arms of an angel

Karen has been utterly exhausted and busy recently, so it's time for me, her husband Mike, to do a guest post. I am here to tell you about a horrible idea we had.

Karen has always had this dream that one day she would be having a bad day and I would yell "Bring em in guys!" and someone would come with a giant pile of puppies and kittens to dump on her.

So, for Karen's birthday, Karen wanted to hold a baby kitten. "Where's a good place to do that?" we asked. The animal shelter! What a happy place to visit that will be!

We should have known this was going to be a horrible idea. Why? Because of that ASPCA commercial with Sarah McLachlan, one of the saddest commercials ever.

So what started as "Hey, let's go pet a kitten" became "Hey, let's go visit sad animals that have no friends and that no one wants to adopt because many of them are old and/or on pain medications"



I am sorry, reader of Karen's blog. I did not mean to bring you down. Please accept this picture of Brian making friends with a dog at Blue Karoake as my apology.


[If you want to adopt a pet, why not check out the HVHS where Karen got our hilarious cat Zooey]

3 comments:

Meghan April 5, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

SOB.

dem April 5, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

Dogs seriously LOVE my husband. and my husband loves dogs. even little purple(ish) poodles. :)

my name is karen. April 6, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

ok haha when i first saw meghan's comment i was like, who is she calling an SOB?? lolz ensued when i realized my mistake.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive