koreans know how to karaoke


I LOVE KARAOKE. So you can imagine my sheer delight when, while I was in Westerville playing the Ignite conference, I somehow convinced my band to check out this random place I found online that supposedly was a karaoke bar.

It was a Tuesday night around midnight and we walked into what appeared to be a (not only empty but dead silent) Korean restaurant. When we asked about karaoke, they flipped a switch and some TV screens then said "NIGHTCLUB" and some electronic-y versions of pop songs started playing.

Turns out the song list book was mostly in Korean, and the words to sing along to on the screens were frequently misspelled... Not to mention that the backgrounds cycled between slides of animals in nature and the Great Wall of China. Needless to say, it may have been the best night of karaoke IN MY LIIIFE.

1 comments:

Mike H. January 23, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

For those that don't catch it, yes that is Smells Like Teen Spirit on that screen in front of that chipmunk

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive