laundromatic

I made a most excellent discovery on Saturday... the laundromat!

So on Saturday I kinda had a meltdown when I saw that the washer at our apartment was broken. I had waited far far too long to do laundry and absolutely HAD to do it that day. In a moment of desperation, I went down the street to the local laundromat with several loads of dirty clothes in tow.

I had no idea what to expect... I imagined laundromats to be places solely where single people go to fall in love with each other. [See: Wayne's World 2, 40 Days and 40 Nights, other movies I can't currently recall]

"Hi hot girl my name is Josh I used to be in good movies but this one turned the page for me and now the directors have stopped calling... I blame you."

Anywho, no one fell in love with me AND I managed to do several loads of laundry at the same time! Also I could pay per 10 minutes for the massive dryer which fit all my loads at the same time! It was the cheapest and fastest laundry experience of my life. OF MY LIIIIIFE.

3 comments:

Rachel November 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

oooo, add Shopgirl (Claire Danes and Jason Schwartzman) and Dr. Horrible to the laundromat-meet list!

But more importantly, glad you found it a nice place to wash clothes. :)

my name is karen. November 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

yes! thanks rachel. my mind was completely blank but i know it's happened in like so many movies!

Brian December 1, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

I'm glad you found a nice laundromat...from experience not all are non-creepy.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive