i'm so whipped

So I have been hearing about this movie for quite some time now, on account of the fact that most of it was filmed in Michigan very close to where I live. There were several Drew and Ellen sightings around town in the summer of 2008 which had the kids abuzz.

Anywho, I wasn't thinking much about it until I saw the trailer which made me go HEY this actually looks pretty Karen-y. So Mike and I checked it out a few days ago and it so totes Karen-y it was ridiculous. Yeah yeah, it's been getting kinda crap reviews, but I don't care. I really liked it!

I also learned that the term "whip it" refers to when you're skating around the sharpest curve of the rink and you hold someone's hand and use the force of going around the curve to fling them forward so they're going super fast. I never knew there was a phrase for that... Let me just say that it was a popular move back in the elementary school skating parties at Riverside Arena.

Sidenote: I always see people doing this in movies. Do people do this in real life? I feel like I would dent my car and that it wouldn't be very comfortable.

3 comments:

timcourtois October 22, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

I have lounged on my hood many a time.
It's just a hood. If I dent it, it will remind me of the great memories. :)

my name is karen. October 22, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

but is it actually comfortable? this is why i keep blankets in the trunk... then i can just lie on the ground

Rachel October 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

I watched fireworks perched on the trunk of the sebring once. No spoiler on that car to get in the way, and the angle is more upright than the hood.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive