you'll never get me

I have been quite taken with mini-dioramas lately. I have been seeing them everywhere! The most amazing ones were at the Ann Arbor art fair in a man's booth with huge NO PHOTOGRAPHY signs, so I stared and stared and tried to commit them to memory. Those were actually large and intricate and cost anywhere from $1000-$5000...

But anyway, I wanted to create my own little scenes. I have been tracking down plastic trinkets from ebay and etsy, and the little wooden box was a clearance pencil cup from Ikea that I covered with cheap tempera paint. The phrase is no reference to the movie (although I do really like that movie); I just liked it. The back wall is a clipping from a vintage children's storybook. "Catch me that little bug," it says in the last line.

1 comments:

Mike H. September 22, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Love it! I would also like to build anticipation for the next one since I have, of course, already seen it: it's awesome.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive