michigan in color

Welcome, September! I know it is technically still summer for a few weeks, but I get excited about fall every year. Maybe it is a carry-over from my nerdy school days. This is my favorite season though. Need I convince you? Read on:

The color orange becomes acceptable.
Lovely autumn colors in the trees EVERYWHERE.
Pumpkins! Pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, pumpkin pie...
Halloween costume parties and haunted houses!
Picking apples and getting apple cider and donuts at the orchard.
Crispy cool fresh air allll the time.
Thanksgiving dinner!
Fall fashion! Tights, boots, warm sweaters, scarves, etc, etc, etc.
My wedding anniversary! 2 years on October 20th :)

Since I live in green land, I have several weeks to go... Hurry up, pleeeeease.

4 comments:

Rachel September 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

I love fall, too! The smell of the leaves, apple cider, apple orchards, pies... Because of school always starting in the fall, it does feel like a fresh start, even though technically everything is dying and hibernating for the winter. But despite that I feel more alive and inspired. I'm so glad you like it, too!

Meghan September 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Mmmmmmmmm.

Joy September 2, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

Stab me in the heart... That's what I'm going to miss most about being gone. Apple Orchards, Cider Mills, running to Franklin for some donuts... Cheese and sausage... I'm getting the weather here, but there are not Cider Mills or Apple Orchards. My favourite time of year!

my name is karen. September 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

aww Joy I'm sorry. We'll have to save some crunchy leaves for you and scatter them around so when you come back you can step on them and pretend you're going for a lovely autumn walk. :)

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive