like a kiss like a song


This is the post in which I tell you about my absolute favorite indie folk rock band, Ida. They use a lot of piano and strings layered with soft vocal harmonies. Check out the albums Will You Find Me and Heart Like A River. Both were released awhile ago, but both have stood the test of time for me.


Once I saw them play in a record store and it was absolutely lovely. Probably evenmoreso because the opening "band" was literally the worst I had ever heard in my life. A girl banged on guitar strings without playing any actual chords and her "singing" was a cross between a grating melody and a singsongy yell. And then someone played drums that was not in time. When you inevitably play the video below, you will understand that in comparison to what I just described, Ida sounded like they had just descended from heaven.

3 comments:

Keeks September 23, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Can you please reply with a list of your top 5 Ida songs? Maybe I'll buy them on amazon. :)

my name is karen. September 24, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Well other than Honeyslide, these are some faves:
-599
-Late Blues
-Encantada
-Triptych
-Maybelle

Keeks September 26, 2009 at 12:19 AM  

Thank you! I will check them out!
Yay for new music. :)

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive