skellington

Forgive me for waiting longer than normal to post. Last week I had a glorious staycation which I spent working on fun projects and catching up on my rest. This week (and the next several) will be a bit crazy for me jobwise.

Anywho, I have some photos to post of some of the cute lil things I have been working on last week. I found this kit at Michael's with all these wooden pieces you can assemble to make a skeleton. I thought it would be cool to randomly separate the pieces and paint them different colors before I put it together.


I wish I would have taken a photo of the "directions"... They were pretty ridiculous in their lack of clarity. It took me several tries to get the skull pieces lined up correctly. It was looking like an alien head at first. But then it all came together and I was lovin how the different shades of red/orange looked!


I actually had to sand down the pieces quite a bit since they didn't really fit together as easily as the kit implied. Ah well, I guess I got my $3 worth. I finally got him all put together though!

The ribs are a bit wobbly, but other than that he looks great!

He even stands up on his own.

6 comments:

Collette Ardith August 19, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

i think i might join you in creating weird colored skeletons, how much was the kit and did they have any other things?!

my name is karen. August 20, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

it was only $3! they also had a few other things although the only other one i remember is a dinosaur. it was in the kids crafts section.

ciara August 20, 2009 at 1:08 AM  

I still think it would be worth the investment to buy a bunch of kits and make a skull-and-spine-bouquet. :)

I worked in a biomechanics lab that had a real skeleton in it. It was from a 4'11" woman. We never got her original living name, so everyone called her Shelly. Shelly Tun. :)

my name is karen. August 20, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

haha i like the skull bouquet.. maybe you can remember that for your wedding!

Collette Ardith August 20, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

yayyy, skullitons galore!

Joy in Amsterdam August 20, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

So, after reading this yesterday, it made a cameo in my dream. I was at a museum and there was a dinosaur exhibit and there was a table full of fossils... and in my dream you had mischeiviously went around and put bones and fossils that you had made and painted in with all the other real ones. And, I was pointing out to my friends that the "orange ones" were what you'd put it--not authentic fossils.

Then I went for a drive down M-14 with Salena Gomez and I took her through downtown Plymouth for a breakfast buffet.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive