las cruces

I've had this thing for handmade crosses, so I decided to try and see what I could come up with. I found some wooden cubes at Michael's and layered them with a diluted blue paint, then lightly brushed some brown over it so the texture of the wood was more visible.

Add some magic with the hot glue gun, and it's all done.


Ciara joined me that day for a little craftfest. She was making little notebooks to give as gifts to friends.


Next up, I bought one of those white glossy porcelain crosses from the dollar store and decided to do some experimenting with spray paint. I sprayed one layer of hot pink, misted it with water to get the spotted look, then sprayed a layer of black.

The mix of the pink, black, and water give it that crackled brown look on the front (click on image to see it closer).

Zooey popped in the shot to pay her respects. She's so pious.

2 comments:

Collette Ardith August 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

I think we need to make a national craft day. I LOVE CRAFTS!!!!

Ciara August 22, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

Thanks for the shout-out. That was a fun and productive day!

Let's do it again soon! I am free all the time. :)

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive