10 more things

So in case you've been living under a pop culture rock, you know that there is a TV version of 10 Things I Hate About You. I was pretty appalled when I first heard about it since the movie was my absolute favorite back in the day. Seriously, you had Julia Stiles in her prime, Heath Ledger just starting out, Alex Mack, and multiple cameos from the band Letters to Cleo! The movie was a late 90's indie girl's dream! So the idea of a remake? Saved By The Bell: The New Class, anyone? A mere weak echo of the original.

But I have to admit that I planned on watching this as soon as I saw the previews on ABC Fam. I was just expecting a silly little guilty pleasure teen thing, but it actually is a good show! I think it's got some clever writing and the acting is decent. It also kinda doesn't take itself too seriously which I like. And it's only a half hour... which keeps it nice and snappy in a television climate where hour-long shows are all the rage.

Check out the new class... and sigh with nostalgia at the old...

1 comments:

d August 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

the more episodes i watch, the more i like it. I thought the characters were a bit annoying at first, but they are growing on me.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive