hot weather & hot water

The road trip continues into day two of Texas (it's a big state) and into Arkansas.

Isn't that cute? They have constables down south! When I saw this, it reminded me of a conversation Mike and I had about what to name our next cat. I thought it would be awesome to give a cat a title with his name, like Dr. Whiskerton, M.D., or Captain Pancakes. Anyway, it soon became a search for the best title/name combination and the current victor is "Constable Beardsly"... although I don't think we'll actually be naming our next cat that...

Check it out! A real bed! Mike and I planned into our itinerary one night in a hotel when we were in Dallas just so that we would have a break from sleeping on the ground. Um I normally don't put my shoes on my pillow but I was just so overwhelmed by the comfiness I think.

Not to mention that we had a lovely view from the hotel


I already did a post about the amazing Studio Movie Grill, so I will just move onto the next leg in our trip... Arkansas! By the way, there is this random town called "Texarkana" that's like half in one state and half in the other. Just a bit of southern trivia for you.

We wanted to roll into Hot Springs and walk around and check out the hot springs, but apparently the skies were like springs pouring rain down on us... I didn't even desaturate the color on this or anything... it was really that gray and dreary in the middle of the afternoon.

Oh glorious day! After like 20 minutes, the rain at least cleared up enough so we could walk around. We ended up on this scenic winding drive up a foresty hill with a lookout on top. Here I am delivering my inspirational speech about the beauty of Arkansas.

Believe it or not, it isn't easy to find the hot springs in Hot Springs, but someone pointed us in the right direction. They have these historical bathhouses that were used in the early 20th century. As it turns out, the springs are hot... like ouch hot.

It doesn't get more American than this.


At this point, we've now curved up north and are slowly making our way back home! More fun pics to come!

3 comments:

Mike H. July 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Fun fact for you readers: the hot springs are 143 degrees farenheit.

timcourtois July 12, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Um, when are condoms ever not "to go"?

timcourtois July 12, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

Hey, there's an REM song called "Texarkana". Now I finally know where it came from.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive