nuevo mexico... caliente!

Goodbye Colorado... Hola New Mexico...

We could still see mountains in the distance once we crossed into NM. It was just crazy to see desert stretch as far as the eye could see on either side of the road. I mean, who owns all that land? I couldn't stop marveling at all that open space. I love city life, but maybe I have been conditioned to live in a box. Do country people feel claustrophobic surrounded by buildings and concrete?

It's like the clouds are lounging on the mountaintops.


Primarily I shot video and Mike shot photos on our vacation. So you might see more of me in pictures because there are more photos of me, not because I am obsessed with myself...


In the heart of Santa Fe, there was a Native American arts festival with dancing and music and lots of art for sale in the streets. I loaded up on lovely turquoise jewelry and searched for the silver bangle I had been searching for.


And I found it! I love it and think it is even better than the other one I used to want. And let me say that it was way cooler to have the experience of meeting the woman who handmade it (and knowing it is one of a kind) rather than buying a mass produced one at a store.


After the arts festival we headed out to an abandoned Native American pueblo. It was first built in the 1200's, which probably makes this the oldest building I have ever seen in person.


New Mexico was the first state that we encountered that I had never traveled to before, and we found it to be very lovely... especially after the second day in Carlsbad. More NM to follow!

2 comments:

beneathwing June 23, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

I love your bracelet too! And it probably makes sense that clouds tend to lounge on mountain top, if you break it down to fluid mechanics. Or maybe not. :)

my name is karen. June 24, 2009 at 3:33 AM  

leave it to you to make this about fluid dynamics :)

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive