sunny Santa Fe would be nice

So Mike and I are heading out on a vacation soon and I can hardly wait! This is our first real trip together since our lovely honeymoon in Jamaica in 2007. We are road tripping it up across 13 states!

In a true girly fashion, I have to say that one of the days I am most looking forward to is when we pass through the Santa Fe area because there is an arts festival featuring Native American-made jewelry. I have been on a quest for the perfect silver jewelry for years.

I used to work at a quirky gift shop downtown that sold some really lovely pieces including a silver bangle that I salivated over and would sometimes wear around the store when my evil boss wasn't looking. But at the time I was barely making ends meet and couldn't hardly afford to buy food let alone pretty things for myself. Anywho, sadly it was sold and I haven't seen anything else quite like it. Native Americans to the rescue! I am counting on you...

Also, the other thing I am looking forward to while we are there is Mike and I belting out "Santa Fe" from the Rent soundtrack with the windows down....

"Let's pack up all our junk and fly so far awaaaaayyy... Devote ourselves to projects that selllll... We'll open up a restaurant in Santa Feeee... forget this cold bohemian hellllllll..."

5 comments:

Mike H. May 18, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

For the record we don't think Ann Arbor is a bohemian hell. It is sometimes cold though :)

my name is karen. May 18, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

ah yes... i guess i should mention that the song from rent is sung is a bunch of starving artists in nyc.

my name is karen. May 18, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

is = by

Sherry May 18, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Joseph June 6, 2009 at 1:51 AM  

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "sunny Santa Fe would be nice" to our Directory of Honeymoon Travels and Locations. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

honeymun.com Team

http://www.honeymun.com

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive