getting inked, part 4

Finally, we wrap this thingie up. Get ready for a whole lotta arm.


Looks like it's all done! A nice swirl of dye makes it look extra bohemian.


You know what feels awesome after an hour and a half of someone dragging a needle around your arm? Someone rubbing it with soap and water! And by awesome I mean horrible. Have I not mentioned that getting a tattoo is likened to the feeling of a sewing machine running across your flesh? No joke, friends.


TA-DAAAA! The best part is that I don't have that annoying reddened-skin-around-the-edges thing going on that most new tattoos have.


And then about 5 minutes later it looks disgusting. Yes I am oozing blood here. And it just kept oozing various fluids for a few days- fun times!


There you have it. It is my new arm art. Feel free to check it out if you ever see me in my lifetime, because it will still be there!

THE END

4 comments:

Carlee Padot McClurg May 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

I love it!! You are a champion to sit through it all in one sitting... I think the longest I've had to sit was about 45 minutes and I thought I might just pass out :)

timcourtois May 14, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Wait, oozing blood? That's something I didn't know about tattoos. Nast. See you soon. You'll have to find ways to flash the tat in Dem's wedding photos.

Meghan May 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

Hmmm, maybe next time I have a baby I will try your technique of laughing hysterically. Might work.

my name is karen. May 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

c- thanks! i kinda felt like a wimp that it hurt so bad, so that makes me feel better :)

t- yeah i was kinda surprised about the blood thing too. but mostly grossed out. "nast" is a good way to describe it.

m- hmmm i think that might work. but only if you have a baby out of your arm. wow that's kinda creepy to imagine.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive