the twilight of my week

So I finally got around to seeing Twilight at the dollar theater. I could go on and on about my feelings on it, but that would be embarrassing considering how much, yet again, I am totally into a movie made for teenagers. (*ahem* HSM 1-3, anyone?)

If you know of my love for teen movies, you may know this other fact about me: I love the website IMDB.com. It has literally come through for me in every "where have I seen that actor before ahhh this is so frustrating" moment. And I mention that because watching Twilight was like 2 solid hours of that. Seriously, everyone in that movie has been in something else that I have seen. Sooo I have decided to compile a little list for your reading and viewing pleasure:

Name: Kristen Stewart
Twilight role: Bella Swan, the sweet-blooded new girl in town
Where she's been: A terrible movie called In the Land of Women, in which Seth Cohen can't decide between her or her terminal cancer-ridden mother, Meg Ryan. Ew.

Name: Robert Pattinson
Twilight role: Edward Cullen, the brooding vampire who doesn't desire human blood until he meets Bella and falls in love. He saves her life like 8 times and takes her to the prom- what more could you ask for in a vampire boyfriend?
Where he's been: I dunno... how about a little movie called Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? He totally gets the shaft though- Lord Voldemort himself avada kedavras (aka KILLS) his lil wizard self and then Harry Potter steals his girlfriend like 2 seconds later. Ouch.

Name: Nikki Reed
Twilight role: Rosalie Hale, vampire mean girl
Where she's been: She plays Evie, a parent's worst nightmare for a teenage daughter in Thirteen, thoroughly corrupting the main character until her life is pretty much ruined before it's barely begun!

Name: Peter Facinelli
Twilight role: Dr. Cullen, vampire foster father to all the local teenage vampires
Where he's been: Jennifer Love Hewitt's total jerk bf in Can't Hardly Wait... who thankfully gets dumped in favor of the endearingly awkward guy.

Name: Cam Gigandet
Twilight role: James, the super evil vampire who vows to consume Bella's blood just to make Edward mad... Vampire duel!
Where he's been: His character Volchok in The O.C. is responsible for Marisa's death! Somewhere Jeff Buckley is singing "Hallelujaaaaaaahhh" as Ryan carries her in slow motion...

Name: Sarah Clarke
Twilight role: Bella's ditzy but loving mom
Where she's been: As Nina Myers, she was probably 24's most evil villain- she fooled Jack Bauer himself and pulled the trigger in his wife's heartbreaking death. Luckily Jack got all Jack Bauery on her and avenged that death like whoa.

There actually were more, but let me just say I can only google image Twilight for so long before I see way too many fan drawings of misshapen Edward Cullens! So let me just leave you with a little Twilight goodness:

5 comments:

Mike H. March 15, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

What is it, btw, with "can't decide if he wants to date the mom or daughter" storylines. Also was in the OC w/ Luke.

At least Jess never tried to date Lorelai.

mitchie March 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

i found your blog! (and i swear, i'm not stalking you)

i heart imdb too.

C is for Cougar March 15, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

Look, Mike. Cougars are IN. Just accept it! :)

dem March 15, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

i KNEW i had seen the bad vampire/volcheck before!

Sherry April 1, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

And Esme Cullen played by Elizabeth Reaser who was in Grey's Anatomy as Alex' double-personality girlfriend.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive