gift exchange





So remember when it was Christmas, like a billion years ago? After an almost 70 degree day today, I can hardly remember our snowed-in holiday. Anywho, for a couple family Christmas gifts I attempted giving some original art. Beep beep pretentious alertz!

I was at Office Max in the only fun aisle in the whole store (hint: not the one with manila folders) and stumbled across some helvetica letter stickers. Of course I had to have them (my mind sees stickers of any type and thinks YAY), and I ended up using them as stencils in these 8x10 painting collages I made for my dad and brother. I have to admit that it was mostly an experiment that I sloppily whipped out in an afternoon and just happened to turn out ok. And the recipients seemed to like them too!

PS: This is something else I made for my family for Christmas (I am not sure which gift they liked more... this pot roast was heavenly):

2 comments:

Mike H. March 7, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

I like the little man hiding in the music note :)

And the delicious dinner too of course

Theresa Koehler March 18, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Wow, gorgeous plating, Miss Karen Homemaker :) And you've always had the coolest non-typical art. Love it.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive