beefy bday

So I had a super fun birthday on the 18th! In fact, Mike and I had a jam-packed day, and we documented the highlights by taking lotsa photos. You will be seeing the funness over the next few days or so- I need to divide it up so I can get multiple posts out of it, of course.

So the focus today is on the most amazing restaurant in the entire metro Detroit area...

YUMZ BIRTHDAY DINNER

That's right, this is a high-class cafeteria-style restaurant. Why is it deserted at 6pm? Maybe because their typical clientele flocks in at like 4:30, if ya know what I mean... We were the youngest people there by like 40 years I think.

These are the goods right here: THE ROAST BEEF, MASHED POTATOES, AND GRAVYYYYY. Please note the lightning fast motion of my fork and knife as I hastily cut my meat.


More on Karen-day later! Thanks everyone for the lovely messages and for flooding my facebook wall!

2 comments:

tu cumpleanos de divertad March 20, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

It must be nice to have a fun birthday!

Mike H. March 20, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

Beefcarver has a crowd that's even older than the Bob Evans crowd. They close at 8:30.

Post a Comment

my name is karen

and here you will find things that i make and see.

Blog Archive